Nature and water lovers unite! The Pirates have created an epic round-trip Florida Keys experience that you won’t find anywhere else. Explore the Florida Keys for an amazing week from Key Largo to Key West and back again. This trip focuses on the natural and marine beauty of the Keys. Kayak among the mangroves, snorkel among the sea life, and sail the waters of the Keys to gain a unique and beautiful perspective of the area.
You’ll spend a lot of time on the water, savor the best food joints in the Keys daily, and learn about the precious ecosystem that composes the Keys. Explore the Florida Keys with your family, friends, or corporate group. This 8-day/7-night adventure is the best way to explore and enjoy the natural beauty of all the Florida Keys. Group discounts available!
Explore the Florida Keys — Itinerary
- Day 1: Fly into Miami International Airport (MIA), meet your travel host, join the group, and enjoy the hour-long drive to Key Largo and our first residence at the Coconut Palm Inn. Enjoy a group dinner at Snook’s Bayside Restaurant & Grand Tiki Bar, learn about the week ahead, and enjoy a delicious seafood dinner.
- Day 2: Our first adventure in the Key Largo area is to the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. Enjoy a morning snorkeling tour with guide in some of the finest snorkeling waters in south Florida. Enjoy lunch at the Lazy Lobster Seafood Restaurant. Spend the afternoon at Dolphins Plus, swim with the dolphins (the Signature Swim), and learn about dolphin research and habitats. Also, enjoy an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the facility. Finish up this exciting day with a delectable meal at the Key Largo Conch House.
Islamorada and Layton
- Day 3: Today, we’ll drive west to the Islamorada and Layton areas. Our first stop is at the Windley Key Fossil Reef Geological State Park. Get your geology on during a guided tour that explores the quarries and history of the park. Besides learning about the fossilized corals that populate the park, you’ll learn about the unique railroading history of the area in the early 20th Century. Lunch will be at the Hungry Tarpon Restaurant, where you can cook your own fish and feast on fare ranging from steak and lobster to shrimp burritos and fish tacos.
- Day 4: Further west we go today! First to Marathon and then to Key West. Our visit in Marathon will be at Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters. Here you can join the fish in the aquarium’s 200,000 gallon saltwater tank and even feed the fish! We’ll explore the entire facility and everything it has to offer. Lunch will be at the Sunset Grille. Feast on coconut shrimp, calamari, crab dip, burgers, lobster, and more! Afterwards, we drive to Key West and check in at the Double tree Resort by Hilton Hotel Grand Key, Key West. It’s then back on the water with a kayaking tour among the mangroves of Key West. Learn about mangroves, paddle among these ecological wonders, and gain renewed appreciation of their place in nature. Rounding out the day will be dinner at Smokin’ Tuna Saloon. Enjoy live music while savoring dishes that include conch fritters, Cuban pork, a selection of tacos, and a Maine lobster roll.
- Day 5: Our time in Key West continues our exploration and enjoyment of the area’s waters and sea life. Today is a potpourri of water activities. Climb onboard a sailing catamaran and head out for a morning snorkel, lunch onboard, and an afternoon where you can pick-and-choose your activities. Love parasailing? Live for jet boating? Love riding in a banana boat? All of that is in store for you this afternoon! All of this will make everyone really hungry, so we’ll head over to Frita’s Cuban Burgers to enjoy one of the best local Latin-inspired food joints in Key West.
- Day 6: Climb onboard a classic schooner for a 7-hour adventure to the Key West Wildlife National Refuge. Go kayaking, snorkeling, and swimming in this very special ecosystem. Maybe you’ll cast a gaze upon sea turtles, catch glimpse of the Miami Blue Butterfly, or spot the reddish egret. Lunch is included in this sailing adventure, too, as your bound to build up a mighty appetite! Finally, we’ll wrap up our Key West adventure at DJ’s Clam Shack and dine at another of Key West’s well-known local eateries.
Key West to Key Largo
- Day 7: Eastward we go, today, with a morning snorkeling stop at Bahia Honda State Park. For 90 minutes, we’ll get our snorkeling on with more fish encounters and coral reef excursions. Afterwards, we’ll drive to Marathon for lunch at Castaway Waterfront Restaurant before continuing our return to Key Largo. We’ll stay at Coconut Palm Inn again and wrap up the trip with dinner at Skippers Dock, followed by a local key lime pie treat at the Blond Giraffe.
- Day 8: Time to head home! We’ll drive everyone to Miami International Airport and ensure everyone catches their flights home. We’ll miss you, but hope you will join us on another adventure soon.
Our Explore the Florida Keys travel experience will debut August 6-13, 2022, and occur annually thereafter. For groups of five or more people, we can accommodate other dates throughout the year. Contact us for details.
This is another all-inclusive, expertly-hosted travel experience by the Pirates. Our Explore the Florida Keys adventure includes all accommodations, all local transportation, all meals, all admissions and entry frees, your travel host, and welcome package. See our Terms and Conditions for details. Airfare not included.