Explore the real South Pacific with an immersive Polynesian experience on the Cook Islands! By land and by sea, we will explore three islands – Rarotonga, Aitutaki, and Atiu – and we’ll surround you with the natural beauty, culture, and history of the islands.
- We will fly Air New Zealand from the West Coast to Rarotonga International Airport. We’ll arrange to get everyone on the same flight, too. Upon arrival, we’ll settle in at the Edgewater Resort & Spa, enjoy a welcome dinner, and prepare for the adventure ahead.
- Spend a morning with Storytellers Eco Cycle for a tour of the island via bicycle. After lunch, we’ll head out again on a guided, cross-island hike with Legendary Pa. This jungle hike will last more than three hours and take you into the heart of Rarotonga.
- Spend a half-day at Muri Lagoon snorkeling, swimming with the sea turtles and fish, and savor a BBQ lunch. Afterwards, we’ll enjoy a leisurely stroll through Avarua and explore the shops, museums, and mingle with the people, of course.
- For the next two days, we’ll fly over to Aitutaki. We will explore the lagoons, islets, and beaches across the island, as well as enjoy more snorkeling and swimming. Our night will be spent at the Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island & Resort. The next morning will include more exploring, followed by an afternoon flight back to Rarotonga, and dinner.
- Back on Rarotonga, we’ll experience a Polynesian cultural tour, lunch, some afternoon free time, and an evening authentic Cook Islands village tour, live show, and buffet.
- Today, we fly over to Atiu and experience the unique island culture with coffee tours, cave tours, hikes, and cultural immersion. We’ll stay at Atiu Villas for the night. The final full day will be spent exploring Atiu in the morning and an afternoon flight to Rarotonga. Round out the trip with a celebration dinner!
- We’ll ensure everyone gets to the airport for the trip home after breakfast.
- What’s included: all accommodations, two local inter-island flights, all local transportation, all admissions fees, lunches (8), dinners (8), snorkeling gear, your travel host, travel protection, and pirate goodies!